Quick fix on this error. To be clear I tried the following solutions:
- Safe Mode with Networking
- Creating a players2 folder in the install directory
- Launching just the exe
- Reinstalling the game
- Reinstalling Battle.net
None of these worked. However this solution worked for me. First download the zip file below
- Extract this to your Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered install directory, for me this is here. C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered
- You should now have a players2 folder in that directory along with a Data folder and a main folder
- Go inside the Players2 folder and rename the folder in there to your Blizzard Account ID. You can find this by going here: https://account.blizzard.com
- Open Dev Tools (Right click Inspect Element)
- Go to Application
- Inside the application window go to Local Storage
- Click the https://account.blizzard.com
- And follow the screenshot to find your account ID.
Once you have your account ID, rename the folder called 125568351 to whatever your blizzard accountID is. You should see it in the bottom left of my screenshot. This is inside the players2 folder and your game should now launch. If the game asks do you want to launch in safe mode? Click no. If the game asks if you want it to auto detect video settings, also press no. Sometimes if you press yes it’ll still fail to launch!
There seems to be an issue with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered creating this folder. Hence why it complains about disk space as I presume that’s just the default error it gives when it cannot create a folder or a file.
Many thanks to the reddit user /u/itsyuka for finding this fix! All credit goes to them. https://www.reddit.com/r/CallOfDuty/comments/gb0ig8/mw2_anyone_else_greeted_by_this/fp36eib/?context=3